Production, packaging, logistics, marketing & R&D
Market garden products (tomatoes, aromatic herbs, edible flowers, clams)
Proud of its identity, Azura is a family group of Franco-Moroccan origin created in 1988 and specialized in the fruit and vegetable sector. In 30 years, AZURA has become one of the leaders in tomato production with 10 employees, 750 production sites and more than 46 hectares of tomato crops. The group’s strategy is based on respect for the environment, commitment to a social approach, food safety and the integration of different professions: R&D, Quality, Production, Packaging, Logistics and Marketing. This approach allows Azura to control and continuously improve the quality of the products and services provided to its clients. Our daily objective:excellence in the service of our clients, consumers and distributors. 100% of our production is sold to leading European retailers. Our Research & Development team works day by day to find the tastiest varieties of tomatoes.
• Nearly 800 varieties are tested each year in our test greenhouses.
• Only one or two will be selected for cultivation.
• After two years of regular tests, Azura teams validate the new tomato varieties that will be integrated into our ranges.
To better understand the taste characteristics of tomato varieties, Azura has set up an in-house laboratory for analysis and sensory testing.
• Three times a week, sensory tests are carried out by Azura teams: a panel of people regularly tastes the new products and tomatoes already on the market, alone or against competing products.
• Each week, an expert panel of trained volunteers reinforces this analysis. They blindly characterize the different varieties of tomatoes (crispy, firm, melting, juicy, sweet, acidity, flavor, skin persistence, etc.).
• External panels are also conducted in partnership with the University of Perpignan.
• Finally, “hedonic” tests are set up each year with consumers in France, the United Kingdom, and Germany. Taste and food preferences can vary significantly from one country to another.